Diego's World

Watch Diego grow right before your eyes. Go! Diego Go! Our baby was born July 4, 2006 at 12:01 pm. All the nurses called him "The Firecracker"!! Oh, boy is he a firecraker! He really lit up our lives!!! The purpose for this blog is to appreciate everything my son accomplishes.

March 25, 2007

Check out my shirt



March 22, 2007 OK on this day he was doing some major teething! After reading comments on the blog about Diego's cheeks I wanted to show you how soft and thick they are by squeezing. His cheeks are as soft as they look, actually both sets of cheeks (top and bottom) are about the same as fluffy, HEHEHE! I have had a busy weekend so far and Diego has been extra work. Diego is going through a phase that is making it difficult for me do anything. For the most part I am by his side playing and before his phase, if I got up to get a glass of water, make lunch, or even go to the restroom, he was really cool and didn't even bat an eye. BUT NOW.....oh my goodness, I get up and he starts to cry. Now I am not talking about a little whimper or little cry it is throw down, lots of tears, sobbing, head buried in the carpet with hands over his head. I talk to him as I go get something to drink in the kitchen, (which by the way he can see me the whole time, its not like I totally disappear) I usually just talk out loud about what I am doing, I'm not saying "oh, poor diego I'm sorry or anything like that, I have a good voice and its upbeat like nothing is wrong. When I come back from doing whatever he is still a little upset, wants a hug and then sits in my lap. Now, believe me I love that he needs me in a way that no one else can replace me. At the same time I wonder what happened? A week and half ago, I could grill a sandwich, or put a load to wash and he would continue playing without a care in the world. Now he cries as if I am never coming back. I don't mind carrying him with me to the kitchen, but if I both hands its hard to do. I have heard of seperation anxiety but, I thought that was for mommies leaving the house to go to work or run an errand, not mommies going to the next room, or am I wrong? I am sure it is a phase and he will outgrow this right? So all you mommies out there, voice your opinion please I need another point of view. Thank you!

10 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

That would be so frustrating. Maybe it's just a separation anxiety things he's going through.
I hope it gets better for you.

I guess a little crying won't hurt them.
I'm sure my kids went through that phase too.
Maybe play some music or have fun toys sitting around for him to play with. Maybe tell him what you are going to do and you will be right back????

Sunday, March 25, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember my kids going through that, too. It's a faze they outgrew. Now I'm the one that deals with the seperation anxiety. They are all grown up and I hate being apart from all of them.

Sunday, March 25, 2007  
Blogger Tracy said...

It seems like all children go through that. Caymen is doing the same thing lately. She's also teething! hmmm...

I am sure he'll outgrow it. Or he'll just have to fuss so you can get something done. I know...easier said than done!

GOOD LUCK!

Sunday, March 25, 2007  
Blogger Sandy said...

Oh boy, as a matter of fact I just had one of those days today! Like you, I love the fact that I'm his "favorite" playmate but it does get frustrating at times. I have a hard time trying to go to the bathroom! I hope he grows out of this phase very very fast because my poor husband feels unwanted! :(

Sunday, March 25, 2007  
Blogger Kerrie said...

Ah, yes, seperation anxiety for sure. He'll get over it, but not as quickly as you'd probably like. I think you're doing the right thing by going along telling him what you're doing.

Hang in there - this too shall pass. (Still love his cheeks btw.)

Monday, March 26, 2007  
Blogger Diana said...

Thank you all for the comments, I feel better knowing I am not alone and that Diego is going through a normal thing, PHEW! I will just be patient and pray that he will feel at ease. Thanks again!

Monday, March 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diana, thanks for visiting my blog, your more than welcome to come back any time.

P.S, Your baby is a cutie! :)

Monday, March 26, 2007  
Blogger Ash said...

Well let me start by saying.. Oh my goodness, I want to pinch his cheeks, he is ADORABLE! I know what you are going through though. Austin went through that stage at about 15 months. He would scream and cry if I left the room, even if I went to the kitchen, which is in eye shot of the playroom. He will outgrow this, mine did after about a month or so. I just didn't baby him when he cried, and told him he was fine. It took a little bit but he finally got the idea. I wish you luck. And Diego is absolutely beautiful!

Tuesday, March 27, 2007  
Blogger Christy said...

I LOVE THOSE CHEEKS!!! There is nothing cuter than chubby baby cheeks and thighs!!

Layton is going through the same phase right now. He cries if I walk into another room-even if he can still see me. It is frustrating, but totally normal. Soon Diego will be so busy he will play by himself and you will barely remember these days :)

Thank you for stopping by my blog!

Tuesday, March 27, 2007  
Blogger Trella said...

My son went through that, but my two daughters didn't. I think my son went through that because he was first and use to having my attention.
Diego is just so cute!

Tuesday, March 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home