Riding in style
March 1, 2007 Diego's new car seat was delivered today! (Thursday) This car seat is a Recaro Young Sport Racing Car Seat. Daniel use to be into racing and he always told me that when he had a child he would want a racing car seat. Now, please don't be alarmed, just because it is a racing car seat does not mean my husband or I drive down the street really fast or that Diego is in a racing car. All it means is that this car seat is designed like a car seat in an actually racing car. It has all the safety options you can think of. Let me tell you what me order this seat or even try to find it. I always read the news online because I get frustrated watching it on t.v. I don't know why but it stresses me out. Anyway, I read online about the Miller family here in Houston made a video about their son, Tyler. They made this video and it is posted on You Tube.com. I watched it and it taught me alot of things about what to look for in a car seat. I highly recommend everyone to watch it because it is very heartfelt.
So, I searched for a car seat that had 5-point protection harness and would fit a child weighing 18-80 pounds or even more. The website mentioned a couple of brand name car seats that fit the description but unfortunately since those particular brand car seats were mentioned on the news and on You Tube those car seats are on back order until the end of this year, so I though "there has to be something else out there". So I finally found this car seat that was in stock with free shipping. Plus, I ordered it on a Monday and it was delivered on Thursday. How sweet is that!
There is another racing car seat out there and you can purchase it from Summit Racing. However it doesn't look as comfortable as the Recaro Racing Young Sport Car Seat but, to each its own. Sure you can by the car seats that are available at Babies R' US however after you watch that video you can't help but tear up, pray and be on a mission for the best protection for your child. I placed Diego in the car seat before I installed in the car, just to see how he liked it and he didn't complain or whine. I should have taken a picture of him in it but my camera wasn't near by. Now, that Diego is well enough to slowly start going out to the stores, I will not be a bundle of nerves when we head to the store.
Sure I know things happen but at least I know in my heart I am doing everything in my power to protect my son. I already know the hard way that Diego is not mine, he is God's child first, then he is mine. If God chooses to, he can take him when he needs him. So, it is my job to take care of, to love and to protect the priceless gift that God gave my husband and I.

1 Comments:
Amen!
I can relate to this post completely!
I am amazed at how many parents out there aren't using their car seats correctly (I see LOTS of carrying handles on the infant seats still up while driving - a big no-no).
I'll be sure to watch the you-tube video. My kids safety is of utmost importance, but it is comforting to know that God loves them even more!
Thanks for visiting my blog the other day. It's fun to meet people from all over. :)
God Bless!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home