Diego's World

Watch Diego grow right before your eyes. Go! Diego Go! Our baby was born July 4, 2006 at 12:01 pm. All the nurses called him "The Firecracker"!! Oh, boy is he a firecraker! He really lit up our lives!!! The purpose for this blog is to appreciate everything my son accomplishes.

March 7, 2007

Before we sleep.





March 6, 2007 OK let me explain!! Every night for some unknown, unplanned reason, Daniel, Diego and I all spend time playing, talking, and reading an hour or hour and a half before Diego goes off to sleep. I never noticed that we even did it somehow it just happened and now it is routine but still unpredictable, anything goes. So, one night Daniel decided to play with Diego. One of Diego's pet peeves is a person or an object to be right in front of his face. Ever since he was a newborn he has never liked and has expressed in some way that he dislikes it. Now that Diego is older and knows how to squeeze things or looking at the picture Daniel's face, what is funny that you probably don't know is that Diego has truly incredible strength. Yeah, yeah, I know you are probably thinking "oh, she is saying that because that is her son". But, other family and friends have said the same thing.

I am not sure if it is something he was born with or it is from the IVIG that was given to him while he was in the hospital at five weeks old. He was given two doses of IVIG at 6 and 7 weeks old. Doctors at Texas Children's Hospital called him the "Golden boy" because what was given to him not only because it is extremely expensive but it is full of healthy antibodies, if I am not mistaken. The doctors told us that it could increase growth but looking at the family tree there is no telling. I do have to admit though from what I have seen Diego has a high tolerance for pain because of what I saw what he went through at the hospital but also at home. He could be playing with something and it could fall right on his face or he bangs himself with something and it doesn't phase him at all he just keeps playing.

So anyway here are some pictures that captures the mood and playfulness that goes on in our home with Diego before he goes to sleep. As you can see, Daniel and I both love him very much!!!!!!!! (Diego knows it too)

3 Comments:

Blogger Momma Roar said...

Diego is such a cutie! I hope you try the 3 word meme. Thanks for stopping back!

Friday, March 09, 2007  
Blogger Diana said...

AWWW, shucks thanks!

Friday, March 09, 2007  
Blogger Sandy said...

He looks like he loves the camera! You can just squeeeeeeze those cheeks!

Friday, March 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home