Diego's World

Watch Diego grow right before your eyes. Go! Diego Go! Our baby was born July 4, 2006 at 12:01 pm. All the nurses called him "The Firecracker"!! Oh, boy is he a firecraker! He really lit up our lives!!! The purpose for this blog is to appreciate everything my son accomplishes.

July 21, 2007

July 4, 2007 One year old





July 4, 2007 It was Diego's birthday. I've been quite busy this past month and still in shock that my little boy is already one. I am not sure how I will be when he turns ten. I will probably be a basketcase! Diego at the present time loves Elmo. His face lights up when he sees him and can recognize his voice a mile a way. So of course that was his theme for his birthday.

His birthday was on a Wednesday and his poor luck the day before his birthday he started with some cold symptoms. So he wasn't anxious to smile for the camera. On the actual day of his birthday we only had immediate family no one extra at the house. On the seventh of July, Saturday, we had a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese. I invitied our neighbors and friends. We are very blessed because everyone I invitied showed up so it was so much fun! So that week was somewhat busy for all of us. Diego was a trooper and dealt with a runny nose and cough. He is better now it took the cold a week to come and go. However we are now dealing with the teeth. He's got three teeth coming in at one time and he is very, very, irritable!!!! But that is another story for me to tell.

I did want to take some time and tell the story of how Diego was born. You know there is always a "before the baby was born" story! Daniel and I were always use to going out on a whim on the weekends. So the Sunday before Diego was born, Daniel and I went to the movies and out to eat. On that day Daniel suggested we eat at this hamburger place called Fuddruckers. I usually don't eat there so I was happy we were going because Diego was craving a burger and I was craving a milkshake (HAHA)! Now those of you who don't know but Daniel and I are both lactaid intolorant. We will get sick if we drink whole milk or even lowfat milk. So we both drink milk like Lactaid or soy. O.K. so keep that in mind it will come back later. Anyway, we ordered and found a table to eat and talk. We talked about the restaurant and how it was going to be with Diego and how we were just so excitied!!!! As I finished my meal I told Daniel "I really want a milkshake but you know that I am going to have the worst cramps in the world!" Daniel quickly said "yeah, but know its kind of worth it because it is so good!" I said "ok I am getting one but you pick the flavor", he quickly said "strawberry", so I went to order one. As I waited in line I was so exicited!!!!!!because it had been FOREVER since I had a milkshake.

I go up to the cashier and ask for a milkshake and she said the unforgettable, "OH, THE MACHINE IS BROKEN, WE ARE TRYING TO GET IT FIXED". I wanted to cry. I told her do think you can get it fixed soon, as I rubbed my very pregnant stomach. She smiled and politely said "Are you craving that?" I said "YES" trying to hold back the tears. She said "I'll see what I can do." She took my order and I went back over to Daniel. I told him what happened. We waited for a bit and the lady came over with my shake. I almost hugged and kissed her because I was so happy. We shared it and went home.

The next day (July 3, 2006) I woke up late like around 10 am. By 11:00 my stomach was hurting, I thought oh man, the milkshake is knocking at the door. I did nothing at home but surf the net and finish thank you notes and rest. However, as I was sitting at the computer the cramps continued to bother me, not really bad but it was very bothersome. I would lay down and couldn't get comfortable! I was very annoyed. Daniel would call me from time to time asking me how I was and I said "fine but that dumb milkshake is now getting to me". He laughed. By the third or fourth call, Daniel asked how was my stomach and I said it continues on and off, he jokingly said "HA, what if you are in labor?" I laughed too, and just said no, I'm not and continued on my day. The whole day was the same, drove me nuts. I didn't eat anything but just drank water because I was afraid if I ate anything it was going to hurt more.

Six o'clock rolls around and Daniel comes home. I greet him at the door and he takes one look at my face and he said "What's wrong"! I said nothing why? He said " You are in labor". I said no I'm not my cramps are still bothering me! He said STILL! So he made me call the doctor to see if I can be checked out, she said that was fine and I took my bag and we went straight to the hospital. We arrived at the hospital at 7:30 pm. The nurses checked on me and said "yeah, those weren't cramps you were feeling those were contractions, you are contracting every 2 minutes!!!" I was stunned!! Daniel looked over at me and said I told you! So he was so RIGHT! I stayed at the hospital overnight and Diego was born on the fourth of July at 12:01. If I had one wish I would want to relive that Sunday througth Tuesday. It was a great experience that I will never forget!


2 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

WOW! What a story!! It's a good thing you didn't have that baby at home thinking it was "just the milkshake"

Looks like Diego had a great birthday!!

Monday, July 23, 2007  
Blogger Lori said...

Happy Birthday Diego.
All of those photos are great.
He is sure growing up

Monday, July 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home